In the Account Executive position you will be the agent for achieving concrete public relations results for our roster of clients. Those who have found success in this role come from a variety of backgrounds but the talents and skills that are best suited include an outgoing personality, the ability to adapt to suit the needs of individual situations, superior communication skills across both verbal and text-based mediums, and a competitive nature and drive to beat goals and exceed expectations.
As a goal-driven position, you will be tasked with taking newsworthy pitches to local, trade and national media – while working to develop relationships with members of the media and finding ways to win for our clients. Goals are tied to setting up interviews with media outlets that result in valuable placements.
The Account Executive is the PR ninja of the office. You will be engaging with reporters and producers on the phone and through email for the bulk of your day and expected to create numerous PR wins for clients. Seeing your efforts materialize in the form of a feature article, TV segment, or thought leadership piece is very rewarding but can be challenging. If you hate rejection, then this isn’t the job for you. Members of the media will reject pitches and it is the job of the AE to continue engaging to find the right fit and mold pitches to better align with media agendas. If you are a member of the media applying for this job, you will understand that rejection.
In addition to pitching the media, the Account Executive position will be tasked with writing press releases, profiles of our clients, articles and other content as assigned.
- The Account Executive will support PR efforts and work to secure press for No Limit Agency’s clients.
- Daily pitching and securing of local, regional and national media coverage.
- Establish and maintain relationships with media – TV, print, radio, web, etc.
- Research media and develop creative story angles / news hooks to secure press.
- Interview franchise owners for a variety of clients to extract newsworthy angles.
- Support account manager or senior account manager with press release writing, media list creation and maintenance and other projects.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to be proactive and assertive in efforts to secure media.
- Fearlessness in phone pitching and constant engagement of the media.
- Writing experience – with a preference for press releases, articles, blogs and content marketing.
- Superb communication skills.
- Outgoing personality and hunger to learn.
- Not necessary but preferred: Understanding of the media and what “is and isn’t a story,” the ability to create, develop and execute story angles and pitches.
- Not necessary but preferred: 1-3 years media relations, communications, publicity, journalism, or sales experience (or equivalent experience).
We are always on the hunt for awesomeness. Send us your resume and we’ll be sure to get back to you .
Do you love working with people? Is client relations your thing? Do you have experience pitching the media? Do you love the idea of helping a company grow? Then you may be the right person for us.
In the Account Executive position you will be the agent for achieving concrete public relations results for our roster of clients.
We’re looking for a client services pro, with experience managing cross-channel marketing activities. Knowledge of PR, digital marketing and content; the ability to build strong relationships with...